"Majoring in Anti-Semitism at Vassar A number of events over the past two years have transformed a prestigious institution into a parody ripe for ridicule."
Please read the Wall Street Journal article, and then write or call President Hill with your message.
==== Contact Vassar President Catharine Hill ===
Call Office of the President:
Send an email:
Write a Letter:
President Catharine Hill
Vassar College, Box 1
124 Raymond Avenue
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604
Possible talking points:
1. Local resident and former Vassar College administrator, Fred Nagel, attended the presentation and refutes the WSJ charges.
2. Charges based on unsubstantiated claims of anti Semitism are presented as the truth but without a recording or transcript of the presentation.
3. Dr. Puar was brought to Vassar by the Jewish Studies as well as several other department. It was supported by Vassar Jewish Voice for Peace on campus.
4. Authors of the WSJ article both work for Academic Engagement Network. From Haaretz: "NEW YORK – Enlisting faculty members at American colleges and universities as allies in the fraught battle against the BDS (boycotts, divestment and sanctions) movement is the main objective of a new organization that is being launched on Wednesday." In effect, the authors are being paid to shut down debate on college campuses.
5. The Academic Engagement Network has received tens of millions from from Sheldon Adelson, billionaire ally of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
6. The WSJ has become a typical Rupert Murdock publication, with writers being paid to distribute pro Israel propaganda, and articles full of rightwing, unsubstantiated charges.
7. A world class college like Vassar cannot afford being intimidated by these tactics.
==== Comment on Academic Engagement Network website ===