March 29, 2010

Trader Joe and the BDS movement

Hi, All,
If Greenpeace can do this, perhaps we can get a BDS movement working to influence Trader Joe's stores to boycott produce and foods grown in Israel and by Israel in Occupied Palestinian Territories -- H
-----
Traitor Joe here. I'm greening up my act to save the oceans. I know you probably think this is another one of my sneaky scams, but I swear it's true. You really can teach an old pirate new tricks.

You see, for months Greenpeace publicly pressured Trader Joe's supermarkets to adopt sustainable seafood purchasing policies throughout all of their stores in order to help save the oceans. The store ranked 17 out of the 20 when Greenpeace evaluated their seafood polices along with other supermarkets. It was clear, Trader Joe’s needed to do better.

After months of hearing from activists and shoppers like you about how important it is to stop destroying oceans for profit, Trader Joe's finally turned over a new barnacle.

I’ve publicly announced that Trader Joe’s stores will remove red-listed seafood, implement a sustainable seafood policy, and work with third-party, science-based organizations to establish strong, lasting guidelines for ocean protection throughout our entire seafood operation.

I'e seen the light! And, it's all thanks to YOU for getting in my face and exposing my bad habits. I'm finally doing my part to help save the oceans with my seafood purchasing policies. Tell Trader Joe's that you're happy they've done the right thing by sending them a thank you note. If you do, it'll bring a ray of sunshine to this rusty ole' pirate.

 

blogger templates 3 columns |