August 16, 2010

"Monument to Freedom" Trip to Israel

AHI offers way overpriced foreign travel packages to college alum groups. Mine came in the mail, offering a 10 day excursion to a nation so small that it "allows you to experience an array of highlights, from spiritual landmarks to modern monuments to freedom." Yes, for $2,595 I could visit Israel with my fellow alums.

I called AHI at 877 572-5160, urging them to discontinue the trip because of Israel's human rights abuses. Turns out AHI serves about 400 colleges nationwide. Each college alum office picks the three tours to be offered. The woman on the phone would not tell me how many of the 400 colleges offer the trip to Israel.

She never asked my name or college. So we can all call AHI and object to the Israeli visit for alums.

I will also contact my college office and urge them not to offer the trip to Israel in the future.

Fred

 

blogger templates 3 columns |